We were at the Resort in the beginning of January, it was very crowdy and we had to buy Express Passes to skip the regular lines. I’m gonna make a short review about the park and which rides and shows that are worth visiting and staying in line for. I recommend to come when it opens and stay until it closes, they have thsi amazing ending before closing, lots of fireworks and nice music shows on the streets.
The best rides & shows:
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit: A fast roller coaster, you choose a sound track when you take your seat. This ride will definetly give you butterflies in he stomach and make you scream.
- The Simpsons Ride: This was one of my favorites, really well done. You sit down on a bench in a vehicle. When the ride starts, the vehicle goes up in a big bubble shaped room and moves during the ride. Everything feels very real since the screen surrounds you, like 250 degrees. This ride is without special glasses.
- Revenge of the Mummy: Similar to the one above, but you are actually moving with the vehicle, very fast. Here you need 3D glasses.
- Despicable Me Minion Mayhem: Entertaining and funny. The ride is like the one at Harry Potter. You need 3D glasses.
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts: If you have the Express Pass, it is not valid on this ride. I recommend to take this ride later in the day when the line gets shorter. This ride is similar to Revenge of the Mummy, but a little bit slower and quiet short. It’s not the best but worth visiting anyway. 3D glasses needed.
- Transformers the Ride: 3D glasses needed. This is similar to the Harry Potter Ride. You’ll follow a story and see how the transformers fight while you move along with the vehicle through the screens/shows.
- The Fear Factor Live: This show was great! The stuff that these volunteers do is crazy! The people participating were guests from the park.
- Animal Actors on location: This show was so sweet and surprising! They have all kinds of animals in their show and it was worth seeing.
- Horror Make-Up Show: Very entertaining show, with comedians starring. Worth watching.
- Woody Woodpeckers Nuthouse Coaster. This ride is for children, but I rode it anyway and it was really good!
Shrek 4D (just a movie, you sit with 3D glasses in a movie theater, the seats vibrate sometimes and you get water sprinkled in your face which comes from the back seat infront), ET adventure and the Men In Black Alien Attack (these rides are like the harry potter ride but you don’t have 3D glasses and they are almost no screens, just lots of scenes and the vehicle moves through them). If it’s like 10 minutes wait then sure, you should visit them just to know what itis, otherwise really not worthwhile. Terminator 2 3D was really bad and i don’t recommend it even if it’s a short line.
See more at https://www.universalorlando.com/Rides/Universal-Studios-Florida.aspx